this morning we woke up to overcast skies, followed by the first rain in practically forever. so here we go, fall. i think that everyone is feeling pretty darn ready, and for the most part i’m with them. i am crazy for pumpkin season and even though my waistline may not, i welcome it with open arms.
at the end of each season i tend to find myself in a bit of a food rut, and it’s always good to look forward to bringing in new dishes to the rotation and welcoming back old faves. i’ve felt a little uninspired in the kitchen lately so i decided to take to the internets to find some new recipes. here are 10 fall dishes that i’m lookin’ forward to:
- sweet potato and coconut milk soup with brown rice and lentils from katie at the kitchen door.
- potato and chard enchiladas with verde sauce.
- roasted root vegetables with tomatoes and kale from simply recipes.
- bbq lentils with polenta.
- spaghetti squash with beluga lentils, parsley pesto & shiitake from green kitchen stories.
- black bean and butternut squash chili.
- southwest quinoa stuffed peppers.
- gluten free pumpkin waffles.
- vegan posole.
- butternut squash lasagna from my new roots.