every once in a while a look will hit me and make me feel sufficiently inspired for the season. typically when this happens at fashion week it is quite early on, and i have my favorite look before fashion week is even done. i scroll through the rest of the collections waiting to be wowed, but nothing compares. well this year it happened again: creatures of comfort showed on day 1 and i can’t get it out of my head. man repeller coined the phrase “pistachio knits” and oh, they are pretty much my favorite thing ever.
the military vibe is going nowhere for next spring/summer, and shades of green are reigning supreme. the entire creatures of comfort show was wonderful, (this jumpsuit!!) but the ensemble dissected above is…well…everything. i’m sure it will be weeks, weeks! before some fast fashion giant will churn out these looks, so i went searching and found a few items to tide us all over.
- let’s start with the oh so chic take on an army green military surplus parka, worn open with sleeves rolled up. topshop has this similar coat for $115.
- next is the amazing cardigan that in certain lights looks gray, but is in fact green. we need a long marled cardigan, and topshop has a green one for $48. madewell has one that comes in gray and sage green for $56.25. and then there is this angora wool actual pistachio cardi by ermanno scervino, on sale for $537.
- the brilliance here is the simple thin black belt, and h&m has a similar one for $5.99. done and done.
- next are the uh-mazing wide leg knit trousers in that incredible color which cannot yet be duplicated (again, give it a few weeks). forever 21 has a couple pairs of marled knit pants, however. these bell bottom ones for $17.90 and these ribbed knit pants for $22.90.
- lastly are the amazing shoe choices, simple nude strappy sandals, slides and loafers, and i can’t get over the brilliant pop of red in the loafer mules paired with the pistachio knits. kills me dead. here are a pair of loafer mules in red for $39.99, and a pair of red loafers for $69.95, and a pretty bright red slide sandal for $140.