mother’s day is upon us, friends. i am a person who not only dislikes but dreads my birthday, gets exhausted just thinking about christmas and no longer qualifies for administrative professionals or national boss’s day, but i do kinda love mother’s day. it’s the one holiday i agree with, because mom’s are in the shit. every damn day. we deserve a day. we really do. so here’s 15 mother’s day gifts that i for onsies would like to be the receiver of, from hecka pricey to el cheap-o and in between.
- so after years of avoiding tracy anderson (because part of me feels like her and her band of snobby celebrity clients are the root of all evil), i finally decided to give it another shot. i have to admit that her cooky fakakta moves are legit, even though it feels like the most insane ridiculous shit ever while doing it. this subscription program for $29 a month keeps the workouts rolling in. i’m hipcentric, if you were wondering.
- i heart this sweet little hanging wicker basket all the way from france ($12).
- speaking of wicker baskets, these circolo totes ($125) are gonna be the next big thing in wicker handbags, trust.
- look at this little set of beautiful ceramic magnolia creamers ($30).
- how about a nasty heart charm necklace ($44)? 25% of proceeds go to planned parenthood!
- this is about the prettiest fake plant ($47) i ever saw, because mom’s have to worry about keeping babies alive, don’t expect us to not kill plants too!
- because every mom could use another coffee table book, here is one with photographs of marianne faithfull ($31).
- linen sheets ($229) are still on my list. three years running. hello?
- little sachets of moon dust ($24) aka mother’s little helper. because what a drag it is getting old.
- here is a gift set ($100) that includes a bottle of rose, pink soap and bath salts, and a candle. because who doesn’t love a drunk bath? seems like a no brainer.
- i love a simple gold bracelet like this gia cuff ($28).
- have i mentioned the kate somerville as good as gold kit ($130)? about a hundred times? because i’m trying to manifest it into my life.
- pretty pretty maryam nassir zadeh palma sandals (on sale for $316+ another 10% off!).
- here is the perfect little yellow wrap dress ($72) for when your kids only give you 5 minutes to get dressed but you still want to channel your inner carrie bradshaw.
- last is a fancy polka dot swimsuit, like this beauty from lisa marie fernandez ($541) or this more affordable version from j.crew (on sale for $69+30% off!).
i have no idea how it became may, because up until a few days ago it still felt like winter. all of the sudden it’s hot dogs and bathing suits and spf panic. i don’t get it! but i’m pretty happy to be done with april b/c it was a dooze and a half, and i’m way ready for an actual break from all of the crazy-arsed spiritual/emotional/actual arse kickings that the cosmos dealt out last month. here is my list of impossibly lovely things for the sunshine month to come.
- i’m still obsessing over all things jacquemus, particularly his shirts as dresses with brilliantly tailored sleeves, like this perfect for memorial day plaid one.
- speaking of brilliant beautiful things which i cannot afford: these silver contrast ankle boots by fendi are driving me crazy.
- i’m still wanting to get my hands on a stella jean skirt, and seriously considering this pretty bird print one that is up on vestaire collective right now!
- how cool are these yellow hazel cox earrings?!
- i heart this pandora sykes x hunza g ruffle swimsuit oh so much. too bad i’m not a stick figure with itty bitty endlessly perky boobs. too bad!
- would you lookit these pretty pretty vintage stuart weitzman rainbow heels! too bad i don’t have itty bitty teeny tiny feet.
- i wish i had all the monies to buy all the kate somerville products because they are magic tricks. like this wrinkle warrior serum/moisturizer that performs actual miracles on sad rapidly approaching 40 faces.
- this ysl couture brow wand is my new favorite brow thing, i carry it around sephora every time i go in, and plan to walk out with it one sunny day! after paying for it, of course.
- i’ve been doing this 40 day kundalini weight loss challenge and i can’t really put into words how crazy insanely amazing and intense and freaky good it is. i’m also 87% done with invincible living by guru jagat (according to my husband’s kindle), and i feel about 87% ready to run away and join her awesome yoga cult.
- i heard 2000’s denim is back (according to some stick figure called bella hadid er something) and i feel like i might be able to accept it. here is a little bebe faux denim top that really takes me back.
- these polka dot pants from jill stuart make me want to cry. i want them the total most.
- did you hear you can buy pink glitter to put in your champagne? this makes me feel happy.
- i kinda really want to try this tan-luxe face tanning oil, but i’m pretty sure i would just end up looking like lindsey lohan (which would not be the first time for me).
- i am freaking out over the latest opening ceremony esprit line. i want everything and everything, especially this bag.
- lastly i have a bit of a girl crush on amelie pichard, she makes me want to dye my hair red and be french. these super high heels are so pink and adorable, but i’m really lusting after these white ones.