to quote my son: oh my dear! t’is the time of year where all i want to do is run away to a warmer climate. considering it has been in the mid 70’s this week, this is really saying something. winter has me down low, dudes. so i’m just going to pretend like i am a woman of means, one with zero fuqs and a million buqs to give to swanky boutique hotels, where i would spend my mornings in the bonkers beautiful dining room drinking mimosas and my afternoons sleeping them off by the pool. here are the items (just a few basix) i would like to take along with me on my journey to sunshiny bliss.
- in the land of fancy vacationers jacquemus is king. this fully enormous, aptly named Le Chapeau Bomba straw hat is the total most fabulous. the zara version is here, and here is a more affordable, v jacquemus version from asos.
- obviously a swimsuit is crucial, and luckily i just so happen to be a swimsuit fanatic. my favorites this year (so far) are: this tie shoulder one piece from j.crew(i’m partial to the white one), this crazy extra super cute clementine bikini by samantha pleet, this electric lime (major color this year) one piece from asos, and this leopard print one piece (because leopard print has become chic- not tacky- again. until further notice). additionally both the one piece & two piece versions of this bae by a detacher are full on amaze. pardon my rhymes.
- for day wear these ganni satin fringe shorts over a swimsuit are 100% it. also this little mara hoffman leaf print romper, this gingham caron callahan dress, and this mara hoffman rainbow print one shoulder dress are el perfecto.
- for a night out this isa arfen dress forever has my heart, and this ganni net dress will allow you to still show off your swimsuit whilst being v v fancy.
- for shoes: castaner espadrilles, chloe clogs, and these little target red & white slides.
- also of course a pair of shades (celine ones or the h&m knockoffs).
- a net bag.
- the perfect red lipstick (which does not need re-applying).
- fancy sunscreen & aloe.
- and assorted velvet scrunchies.
the end. meet me in paradise and save me a pina colada?