i’ve been on a real organization kick lately. suddenly my house seems incredibly cluttered, and i feel the need to remedy that. i have to admit that i’ve always been a person who keeps things tidy on the outside, but behind closed drawers, closets & cabinets, not so much. i tend to get overwhelmed by stuff, so i either stuff it into a drawer or tub or box and stash it away, or i get ultra flustered and start throwing everything into boxes to take to the thrift store to donate. this usually involves a combination of pms, lack of time, and too much coffee, and is often followed by regret. so, this year, i’ve decided to be more careful and patient. because i’m a grown up. one who should appreciate the hard work that went into finding 3 different versions of the same vintage linen saffron yellow dress, but also understands that i don’t actually need 6 different pairs of reading glasses. one who gets the necessity of having 3 different cast iron skillets, but also knows that a full set of vintage corningware (gravy boat included) is not so necessary. one who appreciates the subtle nuances in the varying shades of 12 different red lipsticks, but who also knows that crusty sample packets of designer face creams should be thrown out after a certain number of years.
lately i’ve come across some pretty bomb ass pieces of furniture and items for organization and i thought i’d share them with the world. if you are looking, here they are:
- i feel like if you have kids, baskets are the only sane way to go. they provide quick access and cleanup. i also use them to hold rolled up throw blankets, and pairs of walking shoes. i love these quilted ones from target, and these ones from ikea that are cheap & can be rolled down if you want to show something off or stash it underneath something.
- i’ve been looking for an affordable, small dresser to keep inside my closet. i love this pretty white & gold one from all modern, this beautiful vintage marble top one on etsy, and this simple little pine chest from ikea.
- for storage i am crazy about this vintage bamboo trunk, and this bench with drawers seems like a perfect piece for an entryway.
- for shoe storage i like this 2-tone cabinet, this little mid-century style cabinet with drawers, and this cool little cabinet from ikea that mounts to the wall.
- for inside of drawers these clear plastic trays are the best. i also like these clear medicine cabinet organizers, and these little woven trays are great for desk or shelf organizing.
- i just got these space saving multi clip hangers for skirts & pants, and they are pretty legit.
- last are mason jars, which are not just for holding jam or quick pickled veggies! they are also perfect for storing kitchen dry goods or bathroom items like q-tips or cotton rounds.