well friends, it’s august!
…and i’m doing my best not to let all the whispers of “summer’s almost over” get to me, although i can’t deny the little pangs of fall excitement that are creeping in. yesterday i actually celebrated over a brief rain shower, which i did not think could happen in this year of endless rain, but there i was praising it. i’ve also had a few moments of thinking about turtlenecks and jeans, which are both fully out of the question in the near 100 degree heat of late. with that, here is my list of lovely items for august.
- my tarot deck collection is really needing this amazing serpentfire deck, which features stevie nicks on the page of pentacles and is etched in gold.
- recently bought this little straw boater hat from asos (because i can’t find nor could i afford the celine version). i added a little black neck/chin strap to it and plan on wearing on adventures like georgia o’keefe.
- i bought this hair mask at whole foods for $3, and it honestly is the best thing that ever happened to my hair. it transformed my crazy assed rats nest of fried straw back into real human hair again.
- so in love with milk makeup’s lip colors, and currently wanting this pink color (called gnarly) which is just a touch purple and powdery and v v 90’s.
- this gold turquoise claw ring is beyond gorgeous.
- coming up on a short vacation in palm springs and really not feeling bathing suit ready. considering this cleanse to drop a little of my prosecco/tortilla chip bloat.
- really can’t get enough of charles jourdan shoes from the 90’s, like these pretty raspberry colored mary janes.
- holy jacquemus, this top from h&m is gorgeous.
- really heart these vintage green adidas shorts.
- i have a giant fashion crush on new-ish label attico right now. these white mules are crazy good.
- i worry that elvis costello’s mighty like a rose might get overlooked in his discography, sandwiched in with so many crazy fantastic records. because this record is brilliant, recorded in hollywood it’s sort of like a dark side of so.cal beach boys americana delivered in that costello-esque biting english style. also that cover is perfection.
- frances may is one of my favorite shops to peruse, and wow this vase is beauty.
- mary miller’s collection of short stories always happy hour is next up on my reading list.
- this dvf white ribbon trimmed top is brilliant.
- last are these white painter jeans from bliss & mischief, which look just about perfect to my eyes.