the early winter this year (emotionally and actually) has had me wearing a lot of black again, after what felt like the year of fuchsia. monochrome dressing always looks good to my eyes, and i’m feeling like black and white monochrome is on the horizon. looking around it seems as if every designer currently has a black and white dress out, be it striped or polka dotted. i’m always amazed at how classic things like a polka dot dress can suddenly feel new again. here are some of my most favorited black and whites.
- the white with black polka dot print is really ruling my world right now. this ana tie dress by maryam nassir zadeh is so radical.
- this poustovit dress with fringe is equally radical.
- while technically houndstooth, these altuzarra mules are black and white amazingness.
- if all things in fashion start with celine, this dress from way back in fall 2015 may be the culprit.
- this topshop ruffle dress is a killer.
- gucci goat hair trimmed zebra stripe mary janes. heard?
- this saloni polka dot dress is a pretty amazing take on the one shoulder look. which is apparently not dead.
- zara black and white stripe mules. undeniably cool.
- mixing stripes & dots is the new jam. this stella mccartney dress is a v v fine example.
- this gucci ruffled polka dot gown is way dreamy.
- dolce & gabbbana has this stunner of a polka dot dress with striped collar.
- i heart this striped dress from rosetta getty.
- this haider ackermann chevron mohair dress is fabulousness.
- this little striped & polka dot wool dress from moschino is adorable, and won’t break the bank neitha.
- last but not least in adorable affordable mixed stripe & polka dot dresses is this vintage mod number.