the first week of fall has brought cloudy days and chilly breezes that have me digging out my warm socks and sweaters. there’s always a part of me that wants to hold on to summer for a little longer, and this year especially. i’m just not ready for rain and dark days and cold nights. i’m just not! i’m dreaming instead of the summer that i didn’t get this year- one with swimsuits and tropical drinks and pool lounging. i thought i’d do a list of my dream vacation items, as a farewell to the summer that was (or wasn’t).
- this week in paris the haus of dior found its voice again with new designer maria grazia chiuri’s first collection. i for one thought she did a pretty fabulous job, and paid tribute to christian dior in some really cool ways. speaking of christian dior: i love this little vintage dior swimsuit wrap.
- i am pretty crazy about this denim one shoulder ruffle lisa marie fernandez swimsuit which is now 40% off, and there is also one over on ebay for a 40% off that price. get into it.
- these little vintage hermes shorts are too cute.
- i feel like emotionally i am one of those ladies with a dark tan and platinum blonde hair that walks around her patio in a gold halston caftan with a long cigarette holder in one hand and a cocktail in the other.
- by now i’m sure everyone has seen the photos from king jacquemus’ incredible collection, which featured uh-mazing wide brimmed straw hats. being a complete sucker for spanish romanticism i of course want one. there is this little wide brimmed straw number on sale over at need supply.
- perhaps my favorite collection of summer 2016 was isa arfen’s resort collection. i scored two pieces and they are two of my favorite things in this world: comfortable, beautiful and fun to wear. i am still hung up on this off the shoulder dress, which i feel like i will love for every summer to come and perhaps kick myself for not buying.
- favorite shoe of the summer courtesy of maryam nassir zadeh. still fawning over them.
- shades! designer shades! like these banana leaf print cat eye ones from dolce & gabbana. or these oversized black ones from celine. or these adorable hot pink cat eyes from dolce & gabbana again.
- as far as beauty products go in the tropics, i think of 3 things: cellulite goop (clarins is the best that i’ve found. if you know better, please let a girl know!), dry shampoo (travel size, natch), and super fancy, spray on, spf 50 sunscreen.
- i feel like little brightly embellished straw beach totes are the bag of the year thus far. which works out well for my beach vacation theme.
- next is a turkish towel, because it’s fancy to travel with your own towel.
- lastly is a good memoir, and there are two on my list. first is walk through walls by the stunning artist marina abromovic. second is born to run by bruce springsteen, which i am currently only 40 pages through and have already cried more times than i can recall. thanks, boss.
happy imaginary vacationing!