august! for the past couple of weeks i keep seeing things like, “summer is almost over” written and i feel confused and, obviously, saddened by these words. mostly because it doesn’t even really feel like summer yet in the bay area. but i’m holding out hope for august and everything after (please tell me that wasn’t a counting crows reference. ick!). here is my august list:
- first and foremost, i would like to imbibe at least one bottle of my favorite sparkling wine: coppola’s gia frizzante this summer. not that i don’t love sofia, but i have to say that gia wins the wine game for me.
- i’m going through a jacquemus obsession these days. the moment i laid eyes on his clothes i thought, this is serious and boy does it feel serious. i’m particularly crazy about this little striped dress, currently on ebay for $255.
- i want all the maryam nassir zadeh shoes. especially the lemon ones that are on sale! saley sale sale for $294.
- speaking of sale the epic moda operandi sale is winding down and this white flamenco cotton ruffle jumpsuit by tibi is on my mind. marked down to $244 and boy is she a beauty.
- also at the moda sale is this highly super crazy adorable high waist bikini by lisa marie fernandez. buttons and bows and seams oh my! $119.
- lookit these cute little floral gucci sunglasses on sale for $218.
- this dolce & gabbana striped bag with lemon print is effing fabulous. holy cow. it’s also on sale for $1700. no sweat, right?
- since there are no trips to the mojave in my near future, i’d like to drown my sorrows in this mojave ghost perfume from byredo. $230.
- i saw these fancy headphones in some fashion spread and i felt like they would be just the thing to deliver beyonce to my sweaty ears during ballet cardio. $199.
- my tired eyes are in desperate need of a new eye cream. i am wishing i could justify the $225 for ysl or rouge because it is magic. but i feel like this shiseido creme is more my speed ($55).
- lastly is this marc jacobs glow stick glistening illuminator because i want to be glowy, glistening and illuminated please ($42).