june! yes! i am so ready. it is pretty much summer which means sunshine and wanderlust. it’s that wonderful time of year where people are set free to vacation. even the resort collections are on vacation in exotic locales like cuba and rio and london. not me, of course, but i plan on applying the “fake it till you make it” principle by wearing bathing suits under my pants like a fancy lady who can walk out her back door and slide elegantly into a crystalline pool instead of fishing a toddler out of a plastic kiddie pool from walmart. it is also sale season, which means ridiculously expensive things are slightly less expensive! here are a few:
- so, white leather in the summer probably sounds insane, and you might end up having to peel it from your sweaty torso like a mushy banana, but shit man this vintage celine white leather vest ($157) is hot.
- i feel like green is the color of june, and i also feel like i could pick a color of jesse kamm sailor pants ($395) for each month. june is olive. the good news, kids, is that xl kamm pants are coming in august, for all of us extra large enormous women who wear a size 8-10.
- really appreciating how lovely a detacher is (those sleeves!). i heart this little pink one piece swimsuit ($206).
- white cotton high waisted ysl shorts are really the thing for summer, for me. these button up sailor shorts ($136) are too cute.
- i’m kind of feeling like smoking slippers are the thing instead of sandals. celine dark green pony hair ones especially ($380).
- oh man i really want this lunar phase ring by pamela love ($84). so, so rad.
- for summer i want a non-makeup makeup, like this rms un cover up ($36).
- the other day on etsy i stumbled across mick jagger she’s the boss ($5) lp and i thought, wow, i so remember that record and wow, that cover is siiiick.
- summer sales have this marym nassir zadeh ilaria tank ($360). i want all of that metallic blush organza prettiness, i think it would look top notch under overalls
- like these tibi cropped leg dungarees ($297), also on sale.
- last is this miranda bennett everyday jumpsuit ($418) in the prettiest shade of rust my eyes have seen.