the weather continues to remind me that summer is not yet upon us, despite my wishes. this is a total bummer because i am pretty sure that all i want to wear this summer are partially unbuttoned shirt dresses over bathing suits, with bright shoes that make me feel like a ballerina. i’m thinking back on those beautiful altuzarra spring 2015 open shirt dresses, and also about the amazing maryam nassir zadeh and her beautiful saffron colored carnelia dress which looks so amazing unbuttoned. i’m also still thinking about vintage tunic and trouser sets, and this beautiful pine green set that isa arfen did last summer. because it’s still my dream to dress like a 1970’s forest service park ranger.
- over on ebay is this really great vintage ysl shirt dress ($199).
- i heart this emerald green shirt dress from celine, which combines my forest service and shirt dress passions ($161). as does this vintage ysl button down dress in forest green linen ($99).
- this sonia rykiel tunic is pretty perfect for wearing over high waist trousers ($65).
- my dream swimsuit from maryam nassir zadeh, which i would gladly wear every darn day and especially under a shirt dress ($255).
- this floral embroidered bikini and high waist bottoms from zimmerman make me fully swoon ($215 + $265). perfection.
- vintage norma kamali lace up wedges in poppy red because true beauty never fades ($77).
- these chloe rainbow strappy sandals are just the thing to cheer us all up ($669).
- no reason a shirt dress has to be striped, this baserange white shirt dress is divine ($276). might i also suggest this amazing vintage dries van noten shirt dress in pumpkin ($200).
- speaking of vintage norma kamali: this is pretty much the perfect shirt dress ($65). if you prefer a modern take on the classic, this j. crew shirtdress is pretty pretty ($128).
- last but not least are these beautiful flats from creatures of comfort in tomato red ($350).