it feels like spring, and it feels like it’s time for new outfits. lately i’ve been feeling like a few good pieces would do me well, but narrowing it down is always tough because the internets are vast, and the almighty buck doesn’t stretch very far these days. i thought i would talk a little each week about what i have my eye on, because i’m always on the hunt.
this week i’m thinking about lucy chadwick’s shirt dress and dries van noten ankle boots nyfw outfit. i love lucy chadwick because she always looks cool, and like she’s not trying too hard. she clearly knows what works for her, and she pulls off slouchy, menswear inspired looks while still managing to look feminine and even sexy. she never looks frumpy or uncomfortable, and that’s what i want in my life.
- my hunt for the perfect shirt dress continues. zara has this pretty long striped shirt that can be worn with a slip under it or over jeans ($35.90).
- ankle boots are pretty much made for spring, right? i’m always looking out for a pair of dries van noten ones on the cheap, right now this beautiful pair is on ebay for $230. hope you’re a size 38! asos has these very dries-esque snake print ones ($60). over at topshop are these black sock-fit boots ($135), and these rodarte & other stories patchwork boots are pretty much to die for ($425).
- an off the shoulder dress is pretty crucial this spring, and i love them worn over a turtleneck or over jeans. this striped off the shoulder dress from zara ($69) is perfect for either of those things, and so lovely on its own.
- i suuuper heart this robe dress from front row shop ($86).
- flat suede mules are the big deal this spring, but my wide feet look terrible in them. i love these slip on shoes from anne thomas ($285 + 25% off!) instead.
- lucy chadwick is always wearing converse, which i love, but i’m sort of eyeing these platform sneakers from h&m ($39). i’m really coming around on this whole white sneaker thing.
- just when you thought the whole vintage levi’s trend might be dying down, vetements did their thing. i love that urban outfitters is now selling chopped hem and pocket shift vintage levi’s for $79. that’ll save you about $1,000.
- speaking of saving the monies, zara finally came out with their version of the famed 3.1 fringe hem crop jean.
- and last up for jeans are these amazing 1970’s high waisted levi’s ($128) from my new fave vintage shop: honeymoon muse.
- i’ve been thinking a lot about bodysuits lately, ones to wear under all manner of things. i love this black turtleneck bodysuit by alix ($125) to wear under off the shoulder tops (like that zara one above). i also love this ochre/marigold yellow bodysuit from american apparel ($32), because the color is just so maryam nassir zadeh. and h&m has this pretty red ruffle sleeved one ($34), which has a sorta rosie assoulin vibe.
- next is a floral ankle grazing skirt, because legs aren’t quite ready for the full debut but i’m a little tired of battling with tight pants. h&m has this gorgeous pink floral one ($129). honeymoon muse has this beautiful vintage rose print skirt ($38), and topshop has this pretty floral number ($115).
- lastly i’m thinking a lot about kaftans. there seems to be a sudden trend of clothing that looks like turkish towels (or peshtemal). blue stripes with fringe are everywhere. rachel comey did this kaftan for spring 13, and i’ve been feeling it lately. last week h&m came out with a total knockoff of the dress ($69), and it’s on my mind. however it’s a fine line between chic and bathrobe, and i have to ask myself if wearing a towel outside of the bathroom or the beach is where i really want to be at this stage of my life. i’m gonna think on it.