april, friends. i say good riddance to march, it was a doozey. winter is finally over and i’m ready for some sunny days. here is my list o’ loves for april.
- i’ve been searching for the perfect pair of high waisted sailor jeans for what feels like my entire life. recently a whole crop have them have popped up, and i have loved them all, but i’m currently obsessing over these ones from creatures of comfort. they look like heaven to my eyes.
- i get the idea of investment pieces, i really do, but it is difficult at times to know what is worth investing in. will those celine espadrilles still be cool in 5 years? will the giant ruffled rosie assoulin off the shoulder top still kill me dead in 2 years? will those vetements jeans still be the shit next year? will a blush silk kimono dress still be evvverything to me in 4 years or just seem like an insanely overpriced bathrobe? the answer is i don’t know! the answer also is that i can’t afford to gamble on such things. an example of a piece that i obsessed over and wanted sew very much to invest in is this amber dress by objects without meaning. i stalked it for months, months! and watched with heartache as it dropped to half price in a size 3 times too small for me. i prayed to the ebay gods that someone would part with it, to no avail. so the other day when i saw what appears to be the same dress on sale for a collaboration with urban outfitters for half the price of the original, i felt like i had been given a second chance.
- i’m crazy about brass pots and vases lately. looks wonderful.
- i love the love and lemons blog, so many cool, bright & colorful plant-based recipes. i can’t wait to check out the new cookbook.
- the rodarte & other stories collaboration is one that i’m pretty sure i will look back and regret not getting into, especially this silk pajama style top.
- i heart this bralet from topshop with gucci stripe trim. at this point i want all of my clothing to be trimmed in gucci stripes. it’s how i feel. about life.
- next is this real cool pergola from target, for setting out in the backyard and daytime drinking. we have no shade and nosy neighbors, so it feels like a win-win.
- i read in one of the magazines that this korean beauty product called j.one jelly pack is “like a corset for the face.” which sounds wonderful because shit is looking droopy over here.
- speaking of my sad old face: ysl dark circle corrector. because it needs correcting.
- speaking of ysl (minus the y), i am sure you are all aware that hedi slimane has left saint laurent. i feel like this “vintage” tiara from zara might be the thing to symbolize his legacy. hope you get the double meanings.
- last is this beautiful toddler bed from kalon studios. because my kid is getting big, and although we’re not there yet i can see the all the big kid stuff coming on fast.