this probably marks the first time that i am actually celebrating the beginning of february. my family spent literally half of january battling the flu, which was pretty much a nightmare. i’m so glad to be done with it and with january. here’s to a new month, one not spent drowning in snot but celebrating sweethearts.
- so my obsession with blush pink continues, clearly. i am completely in love with this blushed silk kimono dress from datura, and dreaming of all of the ways that i could wear it every day of my life. over jeans, with ankle boots, with heels, over a turtleneck, lounging around the house, with sleeves rolled up and sandals in the summer, the possibilities are endless.
- about a year ago i settled on a crappy target rug for my living room that i wouldn’t have to worry about my toddler son destroying, and it is quite thrashed at this point. oh how i wish i could have a pretty rug like this turkish beauty.
- my blush obsession has spilled over to actual blush. i’ve taken to wearing blush as eyeshadow lately, and i’ve been looking for a good lip/blush combo. i love all things by charlotte tilbury, and this beach stick looks perfect.
- so, gucci, gucci, gucci. for months i’ve been completely over carrying a purse or bag of any kind, but lately i’ve been wanting a nice cross body bag. i came across this photo from reformation featuring this gucci cross body and it killed me dead. i am now on the hunt for a vintage gucci cross body on the cheap, because, well, $800.
- i’m also completely rachel comey obsessed right now. it’s difficult for me to choose a favorite of her incredible jeans, but i think these bishop jeans are it.
- it is my dream that some wealthy benefactor will gift my little family a trip to palm springs this winter, but another month is down and it’s not looking good. a pretty print from wildercalifornia on my wall might help to keep the dream alive.
- i recently ran out of my eyeliner and i’m feeling ready to move on to a new brand. alexa chung came out with this guy, and i’m willing to try anything that takes me somewhere within the realm of her fabulousness.
- how cute is this smeg tea kettle?!
- i am so crazy about the artist alberto burri, and while i wish that i could make it to the guggenheim to see the burri exhibit, this book is so, so cool.
- i’m always wishing that i had a beautifully decorated home with brilliant pops of color, but i look around and everything that i own is the same color of pale blue/gray. i’m thinking about this lovely diamond moroccan pillow.