i’ve said it before: i love it when smaller designers make an impact, and i especially love it when the impact reaches not only the street, but climbs the food chain to influence the big fashion houses as well. this is currently happening with one of my favorite designers: maryam nassir zadeh. her “signature block heel” swept new york and then extended out to cool girls everywhere via her incredible web shop. while she’s not the inventor of the look, she is certainly responsible for bringing it out of your granny’s closet. this summer nassir zadeh called out mansur gavriel for putting out a line of undeniably mnz-esque shoes, and it seems that this opened the flood gates. the block heel has hit not only the fast fashion world, but has climbed up as well to the likes of miu miu and fendi. here are 10 examples, all covetable.
- first is the original, the maryam nassir zadeh roberta heel. at $379 they will likely be sold out by the time i hit “publish.”
- next up is the miu miu version, featuring a crystal embellished block heel. $885 via saks.
- next is the lola pump from trotters, in a range of fabrics. $99 via nordstrom.
- next is the vintage version, this poppy orange block heel from the 80’s is bang on. $12 via etsy.
- while this martiniano version is true to their own signature glove style, it looks mighty mnz to my eyes. $495 via need supply.
- fendi’s version is in metallic burgundy. $700 via nordstrom.
- i’m just going to call it what it is: this jeffery campbell block heel is a knock off. there, i said it. $148 via anthropologie.
- another embellished block heel from nina originals. $148 via nordstrom.
- speaking of granny’s closet, naturalizer makes a suede block heel that won’t break the bank or your feet! $45 via 6pm.
- lastly is topshop, who managed to make a sort of martiniano/maryam nassir zadeh hybrid block heel in amazing gold. at $105 these sold out in about 5 seconds.