one of my best friends is getting married next weekend, and for her fall wedding she decreed that bridesmaids wear wine. red is a color that i adore, in all of its shades. in summer i go crazy for poppy red, but when fall rolls around i love a deeper merlot color. it’s a color that is really specific to fall for me. i bought a dress months ago, but of course as the day gets closer i am wishing i had something else. here are my top 10 in wine/oxblood/cranberry/burgundy/maroon for fall.
- this bec & bridge bisou bisou dress is brilliant with its kimono sleeves and open front/back. $370 via urban outfitters.
- nothing better than vintage 1970’s in my book, and this grecian dress is way pretty with just a hint of disco. $72 via etsy.
- my other favorite era besides the 70’s is the 40’s, and this 40’s style radio hour dress is too cute. $84.99 via modcloth.
- crazy about this stevie dress with amazing contrast trumpet sleeves. $109 via pixiemarket.
- there is nothing more 90’s in my heart and mind than this burgundy crushed velvet dress from contempo casuals. $19 via etsy.
- big fan of the sheer bell sleeves a la stevie nicks. bells and whistles dress $108 via nastygal.
- i am over the moon for this floral lace maxi dress. $32.90 via forever 21.
- this deep v-neck strappy dress is the perfect dancing dress. $80 via topshop.
- oh how i love a jumpsuit, and this plunging short sleeve number is mighty fancy. $89 via urban outfitters.
- this gauzy v neck dress is way pretty, in that free people sorta way. $118 at free people.