i’m going to ignore the nearly 100 degree heat and the fact that fashion week is in full swing and all of the spring lines are aiming to obliterate any silly thoughts about fall. instead i’ll just give you even more trends coming your way, because like fall they are coming, just as soon as this week is over. we’ll go with the theory that 3 is a trend, my friends, and i’ll give you three of each. just for yukks.
- patchwork. patchwork knits, patchwork denim, you name it. oversized colorblock shawl via forever 21. patchwork kimono via article &. patchwork jeans from current/elliott.
- velvet. all the goth girls clap your hands. velvet overalls via topshop. rouched dress with high neck via asos. distressed velvet ankle boots via free people.
- victorian blouses. puffy shirts. 70’s secretary blouses. neck ties and ribbons galore. colette ribbon neck tie blouse via pixiemarket. blouse with frills from h&m. olivia neck tie blouse via urban outfitters.
- capes. cape dresses, cape rompers, cape sweaters, cape coats. put a cape on it! floaty cape dress by lavish alice. jonica capelet sweater by bb dakota. winter white tie neck cape by ryan roche.
- faux fur. shaggy fur, fur stalls, fur hats, fur accessories. it’s all so very 70’s meets 90’s. ingara faux fur stole from anthropologie. shaggy cropped coat by topshop. boxy faux fur coat from forever 21.
- menswear, specifically the long vest. wear it as a dress, wear it over trousers, wear it open, wear it belted, show off your oh-so-fall-2015-layering-skills, but get yo’self a long vest. vestido vest by jesse kamm. sleeveless belted coat by topshop. dusty jacket by creatures of comfort.
- interior design inspired. tile prints, moroccan prints, ikats and kilims. now you can look like that amazing rug that you can’t afford! jacquard skirt from zara. tile print maxi dress from forever 21. printed fringe mini dress from band of gypsies.