i am just dying to get down to the desert. i haven’t been in a couple of years, and there is much i want to see. my dream trip would be to stay at either the ace hotel (natch) or the saguaro in town or at mojave sands in joshua tree. it would include a day trip to salvation mountain, a visit to moorten botanical garden for sure, a hike through joshua tree and of course breakfast at king’s highway. i’d also be down for breakfast, lunch or dinner at the parker. and no trip to palm springs would be complete without ogling the amazing mid-century architecture. here is my packing list:
- these pan am explorer bags are so cool.
- there are so many amazing pools in palm springs and this metallic colorblock swimsuit from j.crew is a pretty classy way to get in some old timey glamour. i also love these gold sandals from seychelles. these spitfire sunglasses are the perfect pair for the outfit and this gold beaded headband from forever 21 is cutest.
- i love this cactus beach towel from H&M.
- the deer park by norman mailer is a great read for palm springs. it’s set in a “fictional” desert oasis a couple hundred miles outside of hollywood where starlets, directors and celebrity hangers-on go to have lavish parties and generally torture each other. while it’s a characteristically difficult novel from mailer, it’s a glimpse into 50’s palm springs and it’s a bit of a pot boiler. good for lounging poolside in a desert oasis a couple hundred miles outside of hollywood.
- the dry desert heat will dry out your hair, so oribe gold lust nourishing oil is a good one. and rodin olio lusso is allegedly derived from the sparkling tears of baby swans or something and is supposed to make even the driest of complexions luminous as the moon.
- i am pretty much over the moon for this cactus print short set. it’s just the thing for palm springs. i would pair it with these cute little white lace up sandals from pixie market.
- last but not least is this gold lomo l-ca camera for some super dreamy desert shots.