next stop is miami. yes, miami. florida. an odd choice, i know. i’m not talking about post jersey shore/kardashian apocalypse miami. i’m talking about the gatsby-esque/pastel colored art deco and michelle pfieffer in scarface/gianni versace miami. case in point: the amazing deco swimming pool at the raleigh hotel, which was the backdrop to esther williams flicks in the 40’s and mtv’s the grind. for me it is all about the lush plant life, incredible architecture and cuban food. so bring on the banana daquiris, and white suits for everyone! here’s my packing list:
- every trip has to start with a bag, right? i dig this bright orange weekender from neiman marcus. for the long flight a lady needs a sleep mask, and this one is oh so miami. to get ready for all of the rad cuban food, some plantain chips are in order.
- i love these palm print makeup bags from target, and since we are going to miami the nars body glow had better be in it. miami also calls for a bright, orange lipstick like sheen supreme from mac in korean candy.
- to me, no designer says miami like versace. and to me, nothing says versace like neon yellow. this bright yellow bikini is pretty darn versace. so is this ladder crochet beaded coverup dress from topshop. it is the perfect miami item: 20’s art deco with some sheer disco-ness. it would look fantastic over a neon bikini too. perfect for strutting around town.
- these sweet jelly sandals from american apparel are great for beach strutting, and i’m crazy about these orange clog sandals from lotta from stockholm.
- for beach lounging this palm print beach towel is awesome. a big, dramatic floppy hat is also necessary. and let’s not forget a pair of serious cat eye shades.
- miami is mighty humid, so oribe anti humidity spray is a good idea. this hydrating aloe mist looks amazing. when you have given up on frizzy hair, this white wide brimmed hat with neck tie is just the thing.
- last but not least is a vintage polaroid camera with a big, high gloss flash.