believe it or not my friends, swimsuit season is upon us. as ladies of a certain age often do, i am leaning more towards one piece suits these days, but a super cute bikini still catches my eye from time to time. this was the case the other day when i discovered my ultimate dream suit. it was love at first sight with this beautiful handmade moon cycle bralette and high waist brief from serpent and bow. they are sadly, sadly sold out (because HELLO).
so, here is my top 10 from the rest of ’em:
- numero uno is this bikini from H&M in the classic martinique print. i am so happy that the iconic banana leaf print has trickled down to the masses and can now be found in a $4.95 bikini. the bottoms will run you another $4.95, but that’ll still cost ya less than a mojito. holla.
- crazy about this ultra chic zip front one piece by lonely via bona drag. at $147 it’s pricey but LOOK AT IT.
- despite it’s association with kim kardashian’s butt, this one piece from american apparel is amazing. and it is just the sort of glamorous/trashy 80’s swimsuit that i’d imagine jerry hall to be wearing while floating on a rubber raft in mick jagger’s swimming pool with a tray of cocaine in one hand and a virginia slim cigarette in the other. $45 for all the hotness.
- this one piece cut out/zip front suit looks a little odd on the model that they chose, but i love it for it’s martinique-ness and it’s unique design. $99.99 via modcloth.
- i heart this adorable scallop one piece swimsuit. it has ultra flattering colorblocking and push up cups to keep your mom boobs in place. $68 via topshop.
- i am over the moon for this zimmerman suit. i’m not usually a fan of leopard print, but even i can’t resist this one. they also make it in a gorgeous black and a floral pattern as well. this is high end but i reckon it is worth it. $225.
- this embroidered triangle bikini is so pretty, but skimpy as can be. i say if you got it ladies, flaunt it. $65 via topshop.
- this bikini looks like a serape blanket, which had me at hello, but i also love the flattering push up top. $14.90 via forever 21.
- i can’t really decide which of these indigo print suits from j crew i like best, but this one piece is pretty amazing. on sale for $79.99.
- last but not least is this way cute citrus print one piece. it’s so vintage-y and flattering without looking frumpy. $74.99 via modcloth.