this is a crazy year for weddings in my little world. my bff was just married last weekend, my brother’s wedding is in june, and one of my best friends is getting married in october. with the current trendiness of white dresses, i’ve been pretty amazed at what is out there lately. it is entirely possible to have a completely chic wedding dress that is not very expensive. here are a few of my favorites:
- going the vintage route is risky because when you buy vintage online it can be a crap shoot (a non-returnable one), and a vintage wedding dress will cost you a pretty penny. topshop has 2 amazing 60’s style lace babydoll dresses, one with bell sleeves for $125 and a shift with a high collar for $90 that are amazingly cute. speaking of bell sleeves, nastygal has this incredible 70’s style mini with dramatic bell sleeves for $98. bona drag has this beautiful almost gone with the wind/edwardian style dress marked down 60% to $212.
- i love the simple, elegant bride, and h&m has this pretty organza full skirted dress for $99. a slip dress is such an understated yet sexy way to go, and forever 21 has this pretty beaded one for $35.
- i love the slightly edgy with delicate lace detail look, and nastygal has this pretty cap sleeved lace dress for $88. nastygal, urban outfitters, lulus and shopbop all sell this gorgeous asymmetrical high-low hemmed lace dress for $230.
- i love the modern take/feminine menswear idea, and h&m has this cool tuxedo style white dress for $79.
- i am also crazy for jumpsuits, and forever 21 has this pretty strapless white jumpsuit for $30. and if you don’t want to go the white route, bona drag has this incredibly elegant champagne colored kimono jumpsuit from wren marked down to $210.