as you know, dear reader, valentine’s day is upon us. i have been known to diy a few items for a holiday, and for valentine’s day i usually make up some heart shape goodies using felt. this year will mark the third that my husband and i have spent the day with my bff & her guy, and i’m pleased as punch to be hosting a little dinner for them. i usually make up some big red heart pins a la julia & paul child and a garland of some sort. my favorite is a simple rainbow colored felt heart garland that is easy peasy to make.
- 1 rectangle piece of felt in each color that you wish to use
- baker’s twine cut into a 4-5-or 6 foot string (as long as you like)
- tape or thumb tacks for hanging
- cut your hearts out of the felt rectangles. i like them a bit messy because they look sweeter that way. i did a range of sizes to get the most out of each rectangle of felt
- fold the heart in half and take your scissors and cut a small snip in the center of each heart (this will make a hole for the string to go through)
- run your baker’s twine through the center of each heart and space out the hearts as you like them
- hang and enjoy