okay my friends, this is the last of my mason jar gifts, and then what do you say we put this whole christmas thing to bed? it’s about time. just about.
i made up a bunch of these cookie mix jars and they have been a hit. sorry to say that they are not vegan, but virtually none of my relatives or friends are so i went with it. i did, however, manage to make them gluten-free. so i got a little healthy in there.
you can use different jars for these, but i find that the quart size mason jars are perfect for this mix. the ingredients make up a small batch of cookies, which i like, and they are delicious. i really like hand-written labels in this digital age, and i used some pretty gold tipped feather tags that i got for $3 at target.
- 1 quart jar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup gluten free (or regular) all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cook gluten free (or regular) oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- place the white sugar in the jar & tamp down with edge of spoon or measuring cup to make sure you have clean layers
- place the brown sugar in the jar and tamp down
- place the flour, baking soda, powder & salt in the jar & tamp down
- place the oats in the jar and tamp down
- place the cranberries in the jar & tamp down
- place the white chocolate chips in the jar & seal & decorate as you wish
directions for your label:
- pre-heat oven to 375
- beat together 1/2 cup softened butter with 1 egg & 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add cookie mix & mix well
- add tablespoon sized balls to an ungreased cookie sheet
- bake 8-10 minutes
easy-peasy. the end.