here we are at the final day of september. this morning i was driving and i saw the most gorgeous brightly colored trees and had one of those “wow, it’s fall.” moments. the leaves were a deep burgundy (or wine, or merlot, or cranberry or my personal fave: oxblood) color. this is a color that i love, even with its association with those ew-sew 90’s doc martens and pretty much every girl’s sad hair in the mid-late 90’s. it’s also a color that i really totally forget about, like, wiped from my mind, until the end of september. and then suddenly it’s everywhere and i can’t get enough.
and so, here are a few cool items from around the interwebs in lovely shades of oxblood.
- this Myne silk kimono dress from anthropologie is absolutely gorgeous.
- i adore the 50’s silhouette of this Ghost red empire waist dress
- this sweater is sorta all things september: chunky knit, puffy sleeved, and yet, a crop top. Puff sleeve crop top
- this is a pretty cute polka-dot tunic from modcloth that you can wear to cover up all of the pumpkin-spice puffyness going on underneath.
- urban outfitters always has the best over the knee socks.
- i am always on the lookout for a great pair of vintage oxblood boots, like these ones via etsy.
- love this leather tote from the gap.
- my pals at urban outfitters did it again with this cute hat Brixton felt crown
- this infinity scarf is mighty pretty for less than $10 from forever 21
- last fall my bff bought me this amazing nail polish from marc jacobs in jezebel. it’s my fave fall nail color thus far.
- i love these pretty throw blankets from ikea for only $13.
- for baby, i heart this onesie from j. crew.
- completely love these distressed leather shoes from free people.
- last but not least, a good bottle of red is in order. it’s not oxblood, but i used to drink copious amounts of this hungarian red: bull’s blood.