shopping for a wedding dress on the cheap can be challenging, lemme tell ya! buying a vintage wedding dress can be tricky and not necessarily cheaper (thank you, etsy). some of my favorite vintage styles are the tea length dress from the 50’s, the maxi dress from the 60’s, the crocheted dresses of the 60’s and 70’s, and the mexican wedding dress (particularly the all white, 70’s variety). luckily the white dress is the big thing this summer and they are everywhere. click the slide show to view my favorites.
1. vintage lace tea length dress for $175.
2. gilded grace tea length dress for $139.
3. vintage maxi dress will run you $368, but you can’t beat the ornate detail in the lace.
4. modern maxi marked down to $85. not the same craftsmanship, but you get the lace patterning and the flattering shape.
5. crocheted dress from spanish moss for $134.
6. vintage crocheted babydoll dress for $78.
7. the modern version of the shift style comes, once again, from modcloth with this gorgeous shift for $178.
8. nasty gal has this little crocheted number for only $58.
9. beautiful vintage 1970’s mexican wedding dress via etsy for $62.
10. sadly free people is sold out of this gorgeous mexican wedding dress, but the savvy shopper can find one on ebay every now and then. it is just too beautiful not to mention here.
11. since the free people dress is sold out, i’ll give you one to grow on! pixie market has this lovely mexican style dress for just $79.
view the slideshow below, and click the links to see deets on the dresses. happy shopping!